Monday, May 22, 2006

Tough Love

How can I hate someone I love
When he’s truly a blessing sent from above
Coping with the duality of my emotions for him is a struggle everyday
It seems like I can’t do much more than pray

All I want is to spend time with him every day
That’s why it hurt so much when he chose those fateful words to say
“Let’s just be friends” drove a knife through my heart
After that, my soul was on the verge of falling apart

But being the sista I am, I had to appear to be strong
I have to do what I can to move on
None of that begging for him to take me back
Because black motivated women are having none of that

But that doesn’t mean the pain isn’t still there
Like the though of him never again running his fingers through my hair
Now I know just loving him isn’t enough
Why does love have to be so tough

No comments: